The Belgian Venture Capital & Private Equity Association, in short "BVA", was founded in 1986 as a professional association representing the community of venture capital and private equity active in Belgium. BVA's mission is twofold.
First of all, the BVA animates the Belgian private equity and venture capital industry by deploying a series of activities for its members and stakeholders. The objectives of the animation activities are:
- to foster active networking amongst members of the BVA and between members of the BVA and other third parties ;
- to provide extensive information to its members on all topics relevant to the VC/PE industry ;
- to improve the quality of the operation of the sector.
Secondly, the BVA promotes the well being of the Belgian private equity and venture capital industry towards all relevant third parties. Our promotional activities are:
- representing the Belgian VC/PE industry to third parties as the industry's recognized spokesperson
- conducting active lobbying for improvements to or the removal of obstacles from the structural context in which the Belgian VC/PE industry operates
- contributing to the continuous development of business in our industry